Monday, March 8, 2010

Whats going on?

Scott Schwab:
Hey everyone, I don't know if you have been able to get on the blog or not. I know that at least one person has had trouble getting to the blog. It seems to continue to redirect to everything accept mixers nutrition. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. We are troubleshooting it now and trying to solve the problem. We want to know if there are others that are having the same problem with getting on the blog and being redirected? It may be the problem with the actual address, which we will work on. Anyway on to writing about something useful. We are in need of every ones mid point post. This is where you talk about what you have done and explore how you could do better. We posted on Friday with a couple of examples of how you could do it, but it really doesn't have to follow any specific course. Send them to Chandi or my email and we can get you posted. Here is one 8 week challenger that has taken on Zumba. Her name is Emily Orr Jensen and she is a good friend from Rexburg.

Emily Orr Jensen:
My eight week challenge.... It's been a really long time since I've been in the habit of exercising. Two kids, a lot of excuses, and about 15 lbs later it's time to get back in shape and feel better about myself. I decided that I'd take things slow, and make sure to stick with it.
I'm working out six days a week. However, I'm very home bound so I've been forced to do video's, which I've never been good at before. They can seem mundane so I'm switching them up a lot, and reminding myself why I'm doing them. That seems to help me push myself a little harder when I start slacking. I do five days a week of strength, abs, and or cardio totaling at least 40 minutes a day, and one day a week doing yoga. I'm also being very conscientious of my posture. This week I was able to get out to my first Zumba dance-aerobics class. It was a really fun hour, and hopefully I'll be able to go back.
Although I have lost three pounds so far and almost an inch to my waist, hips, and butt I have a lot of improving to do. My eating also has a long way to go. I need to make more cuts in the fatty dishes I make for my family and up my intake of fruits and veggies. On the plus side, I am drinking the recommended amount of water each day. There's no sugary snack foods in the house, and we rarely eat out. I'm not sure if this matters but I'm also not eating after 7 pm.
I'm glad for the eight week challenge to get me up and started on the journey to get in shape. I know each week I'll get a little stronger and closer to my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment