Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weighing in on Creatine

Scott Schwab:
I wanted to sound in on the creatine discussion and give another point of view. In my experience, I have taken three different types of creatine. Initially I took a serum based creatine that was supposedly great. I found though, that as I took the creatine, my shoulders fell like they were going to pop out of socket (not good). I did not finish the cycle and decided I was better off without it.
One year ago I started to take NO Explode, a popular creatine that has good reviews and boasted great taste. I enjoyed taking the creatine and found that I had very quick results of building muscle. However one thing I did see is that I also put on some extra weight because of the intensity of lifting.
I started on Monday with Hypershock. I have to admit that I was hesitant and put my trust Drew and others that I have consulted with on the subject. My goal for this 8 week challenge and beyond is simply to get into a marathon and triathlon body frame. That will require me to loose a little weight and I have changed my whole regiment. I now swim, bike, and run 3 days a week and lift 2 times in more of a toning fashion.
As I have been training I have been doing either swim, bike, or run for about 45 minutes and being so tired that I stretch and call it a day. Monday though, I was like a dolphin in the water, finishing my 1/2 mile swim in 30 minutes. I then felt crazy and moved onto the bike. I found that I was like Lance Armstrong, yet not as charming and oh yeah, as good. However I am happy to report that I rode 12 miles in 31 minutes. Finally I thought, I am on a role, I may as well try and run. I ran 1.2 miles and ran out of time at the gym. My goal in training will be to do the entire sprint triathlon in the gym in an hour and 30 minutes.
I have not had this kind of energy for quite some time and feel that it was a result of training and in a big way the creatine. I have researched and found that many triathletes, cyclists, and even runners take creatine. Obviously they are not looking to bulk. The best part of the creatine was how I felt today. I lifted today and was able to return today as strong as yesterday, without the intense soreness.
I will continue to monitor this and fill you in as I go. At this point in my life, workouts, and training; it is a breath of fresh air. The energy is great and I feel motivated to go to the gym and see what I can accomplish. Thank you to whomever posted those links on yesterdays post. It was a good look into the issue from others eyes. I also wanted to post a link to the most motivational story I have seen or heard about in years. If you have not seen this, pass it on. It makes me cry every time I see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=nbiENYN2ZTs&v=cxqe77-Am3w

No comments:

Post a Comment