Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lindy Ellsworth (8 week challenger)



This is my first eight week challenge and I love it. I have enjoyed it because it keeps me motivated. I currently workout 5-6 times each week. I do a variety of workouts. Because I'm a stay at home mom, as I'm sure many can relate to, I have to do many workouts at home. I do a lot of home video workouts that include P90X or The Biggest Loser (Last Chance Workout). Both are great and kick my butt immensely, but I feel oh so good when I'm done. One thing I love about The Biggest Loser workout with Jillian is her circuit training, she mixes cardio with strength training. I do home videos 3 times a week, and the the other 3 days I either go running, or do the elyptical. At the beginning of this eight week challenge I could only run about 1 - 1 1/2 miles, but now I'm feeling comfortable with 2 1/2 miles. I'm also improving on my time, which is awesome. So onto the nutrition side of things, I feel I'm a lot more aware of what is going into my body. I have made simple changes when shopping at the grocery store. First and foremost I read the nutrition labels to make sure it is a food I should eat. For example, the bread I purchase is now 100% whole wheat instead of whats on sale. I'm sure you get the picture. I used to be a fanatic about weighing myself several times a day. Don't get me wrong, I still weigh myself, but only a couple times a week. I do not let the scale determine my mood anymore. Chandi had mentioned in a previous post to maybe pay more attention to how your clothes fit. So for this eight week challenge I have done just that. A couple months ago while shopping I found some jeans that I absolutely loved. Two weeks ago I went shopping again to purchase another pair because I needed a smaller size, yeah!!! To sum my thoughts up I have thoroughly enjoyed my first eight week challenge and encourage anyone to give it a try. Have a great day!

1 comment: