Tuesday, March 23, 2010

8 week Challenger (Laura Johnson)


Hi everyone my name is Laura! I've entered into this 8 week challenge to get the post-pregnancy pounds gone for good!! My baby girl was born in May 2009, and I'm only twenty pounds lighter than my delivery weight. This is the heaviest (not counting actually being pregnant) I have ever been in my life and it has definitely taken a toll on my self-esteem. On the first day of the 8 week challenge I had set some (VERY) lofty goals for my weight loss plan. I wasn't thinking about how hard it would be to stick to my planned regimine with my husband returning home from his deployment the day before the start of this challenge. After having 7 months of nothing but cafeteria food in the desert he was ready to eat, eat, eat!!! He is lucky and can eat whatever and whenever without worrying about his physical appearance. I used to be the same pre-baby and have not learned good eating habits.So as of now (four weeks into the challenge) I am still the same weight as when I started and have only made it to the gym once. When the day is nice I take Zoriah for long walks in her jogging stroller, but walks have never felt like exercise to me. My goal was to go to the gym five times per week, two of those days doing spin class; not eating after 8pm, and starting my day with fruits, lunch is a protien shake, and dinner being single servings of veggies with either fish or chicken. With my hubby back at work (although on an extremely crazy schedule - three days working swing (1-9pm) shift and three days working mid (9pm-5am) shift with a day off in between) I believe I will be able to find more spare time to get to the gym (that now, thankfully, is 24 hours during the weekdays). I just took on a little side job delivering the Idaho Statesman on base 7 days per week, and with that forcing me up early in the morning, I'll be able to go straight to the gym after my deliveries! :)So, in short, no progress physically (but a lot mentally) to report, but there will be by the end, even if it is only a couple pounds to jumpstart my weightloss (to be swimsuit ready by summer time!!).

1 comment: