Sunday, March 28, 2010

Movie of the month


Scott Schwab:

Last night I saw an awesome movie and thought that I would pass on the name and the suggestion. Blind Side is such a great movie. One of those movies that makes you feel good and makes you want to do better. The take home message for me with the movie, is what Sandra Bullock says in the movie. She is having a conversation with friends and is told by one of them that she is changing the young mans life, and she says "no" he is changing mine. I think often times in life when we look to serve and help others, we find that the very experiences that allow us to serve, gives us a new perspective. I have found that when I serve, I am the one who is served. I have found that the best way to improve and get a new perspective is going out and looking for people to serve. Much like paying it forward, we find opportunities to help without anything in return, but go away from the experience knowing more about ourselves and appreciating each breath even more. Find ways to serve outside of what you are already doing and you will be the beneficiary. It must be something outside of your normal responsibilities to children, spouse, etc. This is the goal for this week. Find someone to serve and let us know how it changed you and what you learned from the experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment