Tuesday, March 16, 2010

8 week challengers


Scott Schwab:

Here are a couple of entries from some challengers. The key to this challenge is to make small, incremental improvements. In talking to many of the challengers, it seems like the general consensus is that if you are not perfect then you give up. I want to make it official that we eat junk food! We are not always eating salads and whole foods. We eat cookies, ice cream, and even cake sometimes. The key is not to give up, but to try harder. When we have a bad weekend full of unhealthy eating, we always get back on track. Sometimes we do it with a fruit or vegetable cleanse and other times we really hit the gym hard and beat the unhealthy habits into submission. You will notice that there are some that have dropped off. Don't give up. You can do it. You still have 4 weeks, and a lot can be done in that short time.

Dyan Schwab:

The first two weeks of the challenge I felt I did really well because I ran 2-3 miles a day and I really tried to watch what I ate while drinking a lot of water. After getting sick the diet went downhill along with the sleep and the exercise went out the window. As disappointing as it was to look back and realize the last two weeks basically canceled out the first two weeks of hard work I learned three very important lessons. The first is the need for sleep. I’ve decided this is so hard no matter what stage of life you are in. Whether it is sleep competing with homework, work or kids we always seem to think it’s the first thing to cut back or cut out. However, if you aren’t getting enough sleep your body will not perform the way it should. The second lesson I learned was the importance of balance. I swear it gets harder each day to balance priorities but the only way to do everything we need to is to do a little of everything patiently and consistently. Otherwise we just get overloaded and stressed and then we crack. The last lessons was not getting frustrated but recognizing and correcting the problem or in the words of Diamond Rio, “We all fall down, it’s the getting back up that really counts”. Thanks to a great brother I realized I still got 4 weeks. I may have not done as well as I wanted but its never to late to do something you want or to meet a worthy goal.

Jessica Taylor:

I have started jump roping. I feel my calves are getting stronger. I have not lost or gained any weight. I feel supernal. Still eating raw foods. 80% of my diet. Fruits , Veggies, Nuts , Seeds. I am constantly eating. I am sleeping well. I am really trying to find a balance with my workout. I am really trying to enjoy lifting weights. Crazy how I can dance hours and hours at a time but when it comes to lifting, push ups , sit ups etc , I want to be done after 10 minutes. I do like that I am exercising different parts of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment