Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mind over Matter

Chandi Schwab
Lately I have really been trying to control my body strength and endurance through my mind. It is so easy to try and push yourself but result in giving up and coming to the conclusion that it is just too difficult. Before I start a workout I decide what my goal is. I ask myself questions such as...How far? How fast? At what level am I going to push myself to accomplish my goal? After I begin my workout and set out to accomplish my goal I do whatever it takes to get there. When it starts getting really hard I focus on breathing very slowly pushing more air out than I breathe in. This may sound strange but I coach myself through it in my head and think about all of things that inspire me. It always feels so good and worthwhile at the end. Even if I fall short I get a much more effective workout as the result. It is frustrating, but gives me all the more reason to fight harder the next time.This has been so beneficial and helpful for me. Be sure to choose a difficult but reasonable goal so that it is attainable yet a challenge and try this out if you don't do this already. Good luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Quick question.....I'm ready and able to purchase some protein powder. I remember you mentioning a couple different things you take daily, what are they again??? I was reading about all the choices you sell on your other website (the eshop) and because there are so many choices, I didn't know what to narrow it down to. Also IF I do purchase through you, how much is shipping and handling??? Thanks for always answering my questions. Hope your having a great day!

    ReplyDelete