Sunday, February 28, 2010

Advice for the day


Scott Schwab:

Usually Sunday brings a quote and helps start the week out with a little motivation. Today I thought that I would vary from the norm and tell some thoughts I had. Yesterday I was in Seattle for work. I did not have the luxury of a airline ticket, so it left me and a buddy having to drive the trip. We left Seattle at 4pm Pacific time and started for home. We did stop in Yakima for dinner, but were back on the road by 8pm Pacific time. We decided to make the drive straight through. We pulled into our driveway at 7:30am Mountain Standard time. As I was driving my mind started to wander about life and what was important. I don't know if it was more due to the 5 hour energy that I shot, or the hallucinations from the lack of sleep, but my mind seemed so clear. I really started thinking about how most people, including myself rarely take risks beyond their comfort level. I thought about that in my own life and accompanied by the Paul McCartney song, "Live and let die"; I made a commitment to myself and the midnight sky. I am going to start living! I mean that in every way possible. I want to take risks, calculated risks, that will cause me to stretch and grow. I think at this point in our life there is much talk about not spending money and eliminating waste. I couldn't agree more. Stop spending money on the crap that will only bring you temporary satisfaction. For me, I found that it was a host of fast food restaurants, when if I were smart I would have gone to a market and picked up fresh fruit and vegetables. It is different for each person, but the message remains. Stop spending money on useless things. Stop wasting your time and you talents! I believe every person at this very moment has a good idea that they are holding onto until that perfect time. Whether it be something you have always wanted to do or an opportunity you have seen, you need to do it. If you don't know how, get the help that you need and just throw caution to the wind. There is a difference though. I would not suggest investing everything you have into something you know nothing about. If I could suggest one book that I believe every human being should read; it would be The Richest Man in Babylon. The book lays out the steps needed to have financial freedom regardless of what profession you choose. If you do not have this book buy it this week and read it. It is only about 80 pages and it a very easy read. Keep notes and I really want some feedback by next week. Bottom line, lets take some risks to really get in shape and change our lives for the better in every aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment