Monday, February 1, 2010

8 week Challenger

K.C .Rivera
This 8 week challenge had its ups and downs and overall I feel very good about what I accomplished but more importantly learned. Like I said in my previous post I started my 8 week challenge with two other buddies doing P90X and right from the get go I could tell we were going to see some major results and get fit. The competitiveness kept us all going very strong not missing a day even throughout the holidays….then the flue hit. It knocked two of us myself included on our butts for about a week and we faltered. However we battled the flue like anyone ells and got better just in time to take a week off and go to Aspin for the Xgames!!!!! So sadly to say I didn’t end as strong as I liked. I like so many others did learn that diet is the key. During our road trip we tried not to but at times were subdued by the lour of a quick burger or taco…something we had previously given up on. All the workouts and pull-ups did pay off however at a booth the navy had set up during the events, they had a pull up bar set up and were giving away prizes to anyone who could do more than 5,10,15, and 20 pull-ups. Lol we both did 23 earning the deluxe prize!!! (they had to be forward grip wide pull-ups cause that’s all the navy does, reverse grip is for the girls in the army according to them) I’m excited to get back into a daily workout routine and keep building my overall health and fitness. What do you all do when your away from home with a wall to wall schedule, what tricks can you give me so I don’t have to just completely stop and then start over? Congrats to everyone for sticking it out. Keep it up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment