Saturday, February 13, 2010

Time for Yourself!!


Chandi Schwab

Taking the time to workout has so many benefits, but one benefit that I would like to focus on is how it provides the opportunity to focus on yourself. Life is so busy, especially for those with time consuming stressful jobs, and parents that put so much time into serving their children. In order to stay happy and sane I think it is imperative to take the time to reflect on areas in our lives such as what makes us happy, how we can better deal with situations that arise, and what we can do to reach our goals.

This is why I have truly grown to love running. In high school I was a sprinter and hardly ever ran longer distances, but through the years I can appreciate those longer distances because it gives me more time to clear my mind and meditate about what life has to offer. I always enjoy my scenery, and think about all aspects of my life.

There are so many activities that serve as stress relievers and great ways to keep our bodies fit. I challenge all of you to take time for yourself and find a peaceful fitness activity that can help you relax and focus on yourself. Even if it is just at the gym on a cardio machine listening to Enya or Adiemus. Enjoy this weekend and remember to take the time to show the people that you love just how much you care!
Health tip:Eat more Oats!Especially if you are active! You will feel more energized when you eat whole grain oats. You will feel fuller longer and more satisfied because it always settles well.You can enjoy it warm with fruit or honey on top, or I always love to eat it cold and plain with skim milk. As strange as it sounds it always hits the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment