Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Start Your Day Out Right


Chandi Schwab

There is a huge misconception with the best ways to live a healthy lifestyle and how to get and stay slim. I can't tell you how many times I hear women say if they don't eat breakfast then it makes it easier to not eat the rest of the day. This is so hard on the body and your metabolism will become completely shot. So when you eventually eat, your body will hold onto all of the fat and calories that it can because it is in starvation mode. This means that as the years go on you will have a harder time staying trim because your metabolism won't work at burning fat anymore.

Eat Breakfast!!I cannot stress how important it is. Especially if you are expending energy through working out. Start your day out right with a healthy meal and eat 5 more small healthy meals throughout the remainder of your day. I love to drink a fruit smoothie with protein when I get back from working out in the morning. Even before I work out I eat an apple or some almonds to give me energy.

If you are always feeding your body with healthy calories, you are fueling your metabolism and getting the nutrients that you need to stay healthy and energized. Studies have shown that eating breakfast keeps your heart healthy and your bones strong. While starving yourself may work for a time, eventually you will either not be able to stand it anymore and start eating everything in sight by the end of the day, or your metabolism will be gone and you will find your body breaking down as well because it is not getting the nutrients that it needs. You will physically see it in your skin, hair, nails, you won't be able to think clearly and you may start to notice memory loss. Treat your body right for the long haul. You will look and feel so much better!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chandi, how are you? I'm wonderful. This is Lindy Arnold by the way. This morning I happened to see your FB page and saw the link to your blog. Your blog is awesome, and I'm sure you and your husband have inspired many individuals. While reading your various posts, there's no doubt in my mind how much you believe in what you write, which makes everything that much more encouraging for all who follow your blog. Ok, so I have a couple questions, especially because you are a woman who has three kiddos and look amazing. As you may know I had my first kiddo in May around the same time as you, I only know this because I remember seeing you at Edwards Theatre when we were both pregnant. Anyways, I went through a pretty rough labor/delivery which kept me from being an extreme active individual for awhile. Once I got everything figured out with my doctor and all I was put on some medication that I was told I would take for four to six months. AND of course a side effect of that mediaction was weight gain, but I did not figure this tid bit of info out till later. Well I had already told myself that I was not going to gain more weight than I already had from being pregnant, so I started working out 4-5 times a week consistently. I felt good about myself, but the annoying machine that weighs yourself never budged at all. It was then when I talked with my doctor and we came to the realization it was the medication I was taking. Anyways December 1 of 2009 I freed myself from my medication that I had taken for five months. Soon after I lost 5 pounds, and let me remind you this was during December when everything about nutrition/exercise kinda gets put on the back burner. I was ecstatic. Well shortly after the holidays I got myself back on the ban wagon and started the whole working out thing. I like to mix it up by doing cardio (eliptycal, running a short distance, etc.) and home exercise videos, mainly including P90X. Ok, now that I've told you all this information that I'm sure is boring you too death I guess I'm curious as to where I should start with both nutrition/exercise to see results and feel better about myself once again. It seems like no matter what I do I have a belly that did not exist pre-prgnancy. I want to get rid of it, especially before I have another kiddo. Any suggestions??? Anything helps. As I read your blog there is so much information that I almost did not know where to start, for example I read about your husbands master cleanse, and wanted to try it, but then thought should I do something else before I give that a try??? I'm always curious about protien powder but am worried it will bulk me up too much. I take a multi vitamin each day BUT should I be taking something else? I read about your eight week challenge, is that something you suggest to others starting a new hopeful lifestyle? I'm the kind of person who likes it all written out for me because I seem to succeed better if I do. If this is confusing at all I sincerely apologize, BUT I was wondering if you would not mind responding to me via email OR Blogger. My email is lilmunchkin07@hotmail.com OR my blogging address is lindybryceellsworth.blogspot.com. I hope life is wonderful for you, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon with suggestions that may help me out in the near future. If you made it this far in reading my comment, I commend and appreciate it a lot. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete