Saturday, February 6, 2010

Start Strong end stronger!


Scott Schwab:

I have found that through the weeks that I work out, that some weeks are better than others in my progress. I feel that generally, people are creatures of habit. Making habits then, is what we should focus on! For me personally; if I have a great Monday, then the rest of the week goes so much better and my success is amplified. However, when I start weak then by the end of the week, I am floundering. I believe that this does not only apply to exercise and working out. In fact I have seen in my life and my observation of others lives, that once you give yourself a break or give low effort, it becomes a habit. In reference, think of this in relation to your daily responsibilities and the things you complete on a daily basis. You cannot go through life with weak inhibitions and lack of effort. An old saying is represented well and one that I always remember from Liar liar. The principle is the law of the harvest and as Jim Carrey starts realizing he cannot lie and that it is as much apart of his life as being a lawyer. With this discovery he begins to rant and rave and says "you reap what you sew." Life has a funny way of paying people based on their effort. This is not true all of the time of course, but I believe many times we get exactly what we want in life, based on our effort. How this relates to exercise of course, is getting the week started right and making goals that will not allow you to give up. I tried that this week with my new routine that I am doing for this 8 week challenge. I set the clock at 45 minutes and I ran, biked, and swam as far as I could in that time. I would not allow myself to give up, even though it was hard and I really wanted to. The result was riding 10 miles on Monday. Swimming just over a half mile on Thursday, and running 5.4 miles on Friday. I enjoyed the new change to my workout and find that it really has made my body wish that I wouldn't have pushed it so hard based on soreness . The important thing that I have learned though, is push through the soreness and drink lots of water so your body can bounce back and not miss days in your routine. Consistency, consistency, consistency. It is a habit and the closer we can come to making consistency a part of our life, the better results we will have in all areas of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment