Monday, January 25, 2010

Let the games begin











Scott Schwab:




My 8 week challenge was a lot of fun and for the first time I felt that I did not become squirrel like when the holidays hit. Though, I was far from perfect it felt that after all was said and done, I had less to work off. I attribute a lot of my success in losing the weight to the lemonade master cleanse. It is nasty as all get out, but it got the job done. I am now at the weight that I desire and ready to start training hard. I am kicking around the idea of doing an Olympic triathlon in July. I feel like the time has come and I am now at the weight that I don't think I would rip up my knees and joints. I also feel that supplementing was a big part to the results I have seen. Myogenix has been the best stuff I have ever taken. I also tried something new, called a branch chain amino acid. I took the BCAA's during my time of the cleanse so I would not lose muscle. I am pleased with my results, but want to focus on the months rather than the weeks. I posted all of my pictures from the first challenge to now, to show that getting in shape takes time. The 8 week challenges are great, but it is meant to get us in a schedule of doing better. Since the first challenge, I have really learned a lot about my body and what I can accomplish. More than anything my hopes are to keep going and continue to get in even better shape. I have received a great deal of motivation from each of you and appreciate your help.
Josh Schiffman
"what a challenge! Losing weight and getting in shape is something that has always had the upper hand in my life. As I reflect on some of the challenges I have faced throughout my life one that stands out is maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Growing up my parents when wanting to lose weight they would crash, lose lots of weight, and went on living, slowly but surely gaining the weight back because they got back into old habits. That right there is the problem! Bad habits. I have always done the same. When I want to look good because we are going on vacation or because I have some weight goal I have always crashed, lost great weight then gained it all back. Well, I want to change. I wanted a lifestyle I could keep up with. One that didn't require me to cook for 7 days early, take lots a creatine, and protien powder. I am not saying those things are bad, but I was spending upwards of $500 per month just for supplements. What did I gain from it? Well...... Not much because when Scott asked me to do the eight week challenge I was back to square one. I decided that for me this go around I am going to create a lifestyle that I want, and go from there. Its great for me because I don't have to measure and scrape and cut everything. I feel what I am starting is my lifestyle. I can do this the rest of my life. So for eight weeks I just ate smaller portions than what I am use to. I worked out more muscles with a muscle confusion course. My results?
1-didnt gain any weight over holiday season.
2-lost almost 8 inches around my body.
3-increased weight 25%
4- I am starting to love what I look like with just a towel (not so insecure)
Plans need to be individual. I can't just pick up a muscle magazine see a guy with huge muscles and think...."I'm going to do that in 3 months".Its individual, what works for you? I figured that out over the 8 weeks what works for me:1-consistency @ the gym2-portion control with whatever food we eat.
*His pictures were deleted and he is trying to find replacements*

No comments:

Post a Comment