Thursday, January 7, 2010

8 week challenger


Arielle Taylor:
It has now been a little over 4 weeks in the 8 week challenge. I will be completely honest and admit that my results are below my desired expectations. I am also full of excuses, including the event of Christmas break, but I am proud to say that I haven’t been a complete slacker. These past 4 weeks I have been physically active almost every day. I am running at least 3 miles, and also including weight training workouts. Running is a new feat for me. I just recently got into it this past summer and have found it quite addicting. There is something so accomplishing in the feeling of pushing yourself so hard that you need to puke. Of course I hate it in the process, but for some reason I just keep going back! However, staying active has never been a challenge of mine. Since I find it enjoyable, the process didn’t involve much of a lifestyle change. My biggest problem is food. I LOVE to eat, and I wasn’t about to give up many of the foods I find pleasing. I have always been able to keep a balanced diet, including whole grains, vegetables, fruits and so forth. But chocolate? Well let’s just say that it is included in my main food groups. I knew that was going to be a problem. So I decided to weigh my options. Fore go chocolate as well as my happiness, or just don’t eat as much. I decided on the latter. Then I came to a conclusion. Proportioning is the key. I could still enjoy food, but be in control of my intake. Now I haven’t been doing the greatest, but hey it was a holiday. These next 4 weeks I am planning on hitting it hard. I will only lift 3 days a week, but I will run and do abs every day. Another important factor is stretching to keep the body healthy. I have a goal of losing ten pounds. Weight is shed by reducing the intake of calories… geesh… wish me the best…

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chandi, It's Krissy (Hessing)Fizer.. I love reading your blog and getting great tips. I just had a baby boy and want to become part of your next 8 week challenge. How do I go about doing that??

    ReplyDelete