Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Finished but hungry for more!
























As the 8 week challenge comes to an end I have become more in tuned with my body more than ever. I learned what foods I like, love and hate. I learned what workouts do and don't work for me. I learned what times of the day my body responds best to working out, sleep etc etc. Your body is constantly trying to tell you what it likes and doesn't like, and it's up to you to listen! These last 8 weeks started off kind of rough. The holidays came around and it was extremely easy to cheat when I wanted too, but for the most part I controlled myself. In my younger years I was able to eat WHATEVER I wanted WHENEVER. I would kill a quart of ice cream in one sitting and still be skinny as ever. As I have grown older I realized that I am definitely not able to eat like I used to without paying the price (fat gain). The only problem with that is I still possess the sweet tooth I once had so I have learned to control myself and my cravings for the most part. Naturally, I have a very large appetite so this challenge was especially difficult for me. Calories are calories whether they are good or bad. Too much of a good thing can be bad. This was the most challenging hurdle just because I didn't have a problem eating healthy, it was more of the portion sizes that would leave me hungry at night. Overall I am pleased with my results over theses 8 weeks but I did learn something extremely important. There are certain hormones in your body that can make it difficult to lose those few extra pounds. Naturally I have a higher amount of cortisol (stress hormone) and estrogen (female sex hormone) in my body. These two hormones will typically have a higher concentration in certain areas in the body (stomach, butt etc) and makes it extremely difficult to achieve the chiseled look. For the last two weeks I have been supplementing and experimenting with a few different cortisol blockers, and found that it worked great. I really wish I would have tried them earlier to see even better results. If you find it hard to lose weight even though you are lifting, doing cardio and eating healthy I would absolutely look into a cortisol reducer. USP Labs sells a phenominal product called Super Cissus. Not only is it great for recovery, joint, ligament and tendon repair, it is also a very effective cortisol reducer. If any of you are interested contact Scott or I and we can set you up with it for very cheap. Great work to everyone that participated in this last 8 week challenge and I can't wait to see more results from myself and everyone else that took part in this awesome challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment