Monday, October 11, 2010

Finding Your Purpose


Chandi Schwab
This title can pertain to life itself but I would like to scale it down and focus on the health and nutrition aspect.

There are many different things that motivate people to workout and to live a healthy lifestyle. Whether it be to stay thin, reduce stress, stay happy, or all of the above. I am definitely an all of the above person and then some because there really are so many benefits to working out and following balanced nutritious eating habits.

Back in the day during High School and College working out came naturally with the activities that I enjoyed and was involved in. I became very busy while pregnant with my first child and didn't make the time for working out, thus seeing the negative results after she was born. At this point I felt like my sole purpose and reasoning for working out was to lose weight. That's all I cared about. Yes the weight eventually came off but I didn't enjoy myself through it all. I don't feel like I had the right purpose behind it.

These days I am a mom of three and working out is what keeps me sane and happy because it is my "Me" time and I am doing something to improve myself. I believe that the best competition is with our self. Why try to be better than everyone else? What good does that do? If we are always trying to push ourselves a little bit harder to become better, then eventually we will have made leaps and bounds in our personal progress. There is always room for improvement in everything that we do. This post is to send out some encouragement because we all have times that motivation or purpose to do something is hard to find. I challenge you to find your purpose and stick to it. Good Luck!
Yummy Salad
(serves 4)
*4 cups baby spinach
*1/4 cup dried cranberries
*1/4 cup chopped pecans
*2 apples diced
*1/4 cup red onions diced
*1/2 cup grated carrot
* 1 avocado diced
*1/4 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment