Saturday, April 3, 2010

Try, try again


Scott schwab:

Today I would like to touch on the principle of success. Success as defined by you, is personal and unique. However, the world alone would lead one to believe that it is the obtainment of something attempted. I want to focus on the attempt. For one to have success in anything, there must be failure! We must face the lows, the bad, and the down right nasty, to taste of the sweet of success. Life is full of opportunities for failure. We have talked about attitude and that being one of the most important things for focus. In my mind there are more chances for success currently then there are with failure. It is a change that one must have within their mind that I experienced at a young age. When I was 15 years old I had the unlikely event of ending up in the hospital and not being able to walk or use my hands. There was much fear and misunderstanding on my part. We found out that it was a disease that left me without motor skills and the lack of nerves, which left muscle and joint weakness. I cursed the heavens and lashed out at others and found that the emotional strain was even worse then being in a wheelchair or unable to walk without the assistance of leg braces. I look back and now have such an appreciation for my life, my health, and my fitness. As you may imagine after the Guillain Barre Syndrome receded there were physical and emotional affects that took time to heal. I failed many times with the goals I had or dreams I wished for. I compare that to today with our goals and some time wishes to look like that person or be like another. Be happy with yourself. You are beautiful and unique. This world could not operate without you, and though your contributions may be small, you still contribute. With health and fitness find the small joys in the journey. The time that you avoid that brownie that is starring at you begging you for just a little bite. Or perhaps it is that time that you made it to the gym when you had no energy. You will fail at times, that is certain, however, it is the women or man that gets back up and pushes themselves even harder after failure, that will achieve everything they seek. Here is why. Some people simply make a wish or have a dream. A wish or a dream without action is empty. An old saying may help. If wishes were fishes, we would all be set for life. Goals and commitments on the other side will take into account the process of failure through trying. Remember that if at first you don't succeed, try, try again! Also practice makes perfect. Getting into a health and fitness regiment will take time, will involve failure, but if it is really important to you, you will commit yourself over and over again until you succeed. You are not a failure and you are not weak. You are exactly what you commit to do. So make the commitment and adjustments and make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment