Tuesday, April 20, 2010

8 Week Challenge



With this past 8 week challenge the biggest difference has been that I took creatine for the first 6 weeks. I took Hypershock by Myogenix and It gave me amazing energy so I was able to really amp up my workouts. I could run further and faster and still had the energy to finish up with my lifting and abs. I came off of it the last 2 weeks and have still been able to maintain my workouts pretty well. At first it was harder because I had relied on the energy but after the first week I was pretty much back to normal, and still able to have effective workouts.
I have been training for a half marathon that I am running this next weekend so I have been running a ton which I love. I have also trained myself to be able to run on the treadmill which has been beneficial because I can track my workouts. This helps give me a gage so that I can beat my previous times.
There is always room for improvement in the healthy eating department. But I aim to always have healthy snacks on hand so that I can make the better choice. I have always been a firm believer in eating everything in moderation. That is what I try to live by but sometimes Mr. sweet and salty get the best of me.
I feel great! Taking the time to work out is such a stress reliever in my life. It is the perfect way to start out my day, clear my head, and get pumped up for what lies ahead the rest of the day. It is my "Me Time" which is something everyone needs. These 8 week challenges are to help us all to create a foundation for a healthy lifestyle. There is always room for improvement, but if it is something that we consciously think about working on it will happen!

5 comments:

  1. Mixers couldn't have a better poster woman! Your results always inspire me, Chandi: A healthy active lifestyle is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to run, but I cannot run very fast or for very long because I can't breathe! Also, as a mom of 4, I am tired all of the time. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running gets easier slowly but surely. That is why it is good to slowly increase your distance and intensity. With breathing I used to be the same way. Just remember to breathe really slow and to really concentrate on getting all of the air out. Sometimes I blow my air out twice before I breathe in.This prevents air bubbles and sideaches as well. good luck and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, you look AMAZING! What is this challenge about and what do I need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chandi you are amazing! Put us all to shame! ;) Good job girl.

    ReplyDelete