Friday, April 16, 2010

The calm before the storm!


Scott Schwab:

As you may know tomorrow is my sprint triathlon. To be honest with you, I have not competed in awhile and I am unsure of how I will do. As far as I can tell though, I am ready, my training has been consistent with the events that I will perform, and mentally I am getting to that place where it's go time. I want to relate that to our everyday life. It seems at times that there are so many opportunities for life to get the best of you. Like with any competition, the biggest challenge of them all is life! If we are to have any amount of success in this life we must get a grasp on the world around us. Perfection is something that many of us face, but it is also more then OK to just be you. Laugh at yourself. Live a life that you can be proud of and that others would like to share with you. Just as the race has my stomach doing cartwheels, I know that I really am competing against myself. Everyone else racing has their reasons for competing and I have mine. With life everyone around us is just trying to do the same thing. So when you feel that life kicks you down, stand up and ask for another. Regardless of what life gives you or the challenges that you face, realize that you don't have to be perfect and its just important to keep trying. Your biggest competition in life is overcoming the voices (either internal or external), that tell you to stop, that you're not good enough, and that you cannot. Can't does not exist. Move forward and be a can person. Honestly I am scared of what tomorrow might bring, but excited that I have a chance to change my life through the beauty of competition. Lets not shy away from the chance to compete, but also keep it in mind that our competitor is ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment