Monday, April 19, 2010

8 Week Challenger




Scott Schwab:



This 8 week challenge took on some new form and presented some additional challenges for me. Though I completed the 8 weeks, my results came in a different form then I expected. As some of you know, Chandi and I tried the Hypershock, which is a creatine. It was great and I had wonderful results. I was taking the creatine for energy and thought that based on the type of exercises that I was doing, that I would not put on muscle and just utilize the energy side of things. However, I noticed that I did put on some size in my chest, back, and shoulders. With the training regiment that I was doing, I thought that I would have no problem keeping weight off. The creatine was a great part to my exercise routine and really helped me get into the shape I was wanting for the triathlon. I have put on 5 pounds and I would like to say that it was all muscle, but realistically I think my stomach got a little love as well. I found that with the calories that I was burning, in my mind I thought I could eat more. I also believe that my body was needing more calories, but I was not as disciplined as I should have been. I love to work out and lifting has always been what I have enjoyed. I now have a love for competing and working in a different way. I noticed in the race that most of the competitors were pretty lean. If I am going to make this a long term thing, which I do, I need to lose about 10 pounds. So as always, my goal is to keep moving forward. I look forward to the next 8 week challenge, where I can push past some of these things that hold me back. I plan to be more disciplined in what I eat. I also want to be an exclusive water drinker and drink the recommended daily use. At times when we go out to dinner I find that I will have a lemonade or get my recommended dose of what the doctor ordered. In past challenges, I have pounded water like crazy and need to get back to that. It was a great challenge that taught me to stick to the basics and focus most on dieting. Even though I did not lean like I wanted too, but I did get to try something new and found another love.

No comments:

Post a Comment