Friday, November 13, 2009

Weight a minute


Scott Schwab
I had a buddy send me something interesting today that he received at work. I thought that I could pass it on and give a couple of tips about weight and especially being happy with yourself.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2009/11/twitterequipped-bathroom-scale-tells-the-world-how-much-you-weigh.html
You may feel one way or another about this technology, but on one hand I think that it is great for accountability. On the other hand I don't think that everyone needs to know your weight. I believe that it is a personal journey and there is a lot of potentially embarrassing situations that can come by weight.
Weight is an indicator
There are many things that will tell the story of whether an individual is healthy or not. According to my BMI I am borderline obese. I know that this is not the case and am very happy with how I look. I believe that often times people care to much about their weight, when really what should count is percentage of fat and overall health. We all come in different sizes thank goodness, and the best thing to do is not compare yourself to someone else. Compare yourself to you and how you looked last month, last year, or make the efforts to look the best that you can look. All to often we spend so much time thinking and looking at others and wishing that we could look the same. My suggestion is to find happiness in our personal appearance and make the goals to look your best, not Brad Pitt best. All of us have different challenges, schedules, and routines. The important thing is that you are trying and that you implement the things that will help you look and feel your best. Let me know your thoughts about the article and whether it would help you to have your weight posted publicly. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment