Saturday, November 28, 2009

Guest Post


Aubrey Fullmer-
What a fun way to be able to see how others are keeping healthy and getting into shape, thank you for inviting me to post! I've always been interested in ways to get my body in the best possible condition I can, and especially after having 3 kids and always looking for new and better ways.
My journey started years ago when i attended Utah Valley State College where I ran track for their collegiate program as a freshman in college. Some of the things my coach taught me was the importance of nutritious foods, sleep, and taking care of my body. Along with that, the importance of lifting and pushing our body to the max.
Shortly after my freshman year I married my husband Ben and started having babies. I then learned that my body needed something a little different in order to loose the weight so started trying some new things. I now make sure I eat alot of protein and get a few work outs in a week, including some long runs that are at least 4-5 miles. It seems like if I stay at the 2-3 mile runs my body will consistently same the same, but if I'm looking to actually loose the weight and build my muscle I have to up my mileage. Running is definitely a passion that I will carry throughout my whole life and will always want to improve on and do better at for sure.
I live in Saratoga Springs, Utah where I am surrounded by a huge support system of girls who run in the mornings with me. We live in a beautiful area with a lot of fun trails and gorgeous running paths. You hear everyone say that "running is all mental." It totally is, so staying positive and having goals is way important. Good luck to all in finding what work for you and succeeding in your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment