Saturday, February 28, 2009

Creating Healthy Habits


Chandi Schwab
It is so easy to get stuck in the same routine. Like waking up just in time to do the minimum and slip out the door. This often can throw your whole day off. Especially if you didn't make time for breakfast or exercise. Healthy habits create a healthy lifestyle.We can quickly train our bodies to wake up earlier... we just need to give it a few days of effort to form the habit.
Another important habit to create is the way that we eat. Having control over what goes into our bodies is essential to a healthy lifestyle. I prefer 6 small meals a day. When I wake up I eat a small carb to give me energy throughout my workout. My biggest meal comes after my workout. That is when my body is still burning calories and it is a great way to keep energy throughout the day. The remainder of the day I have a smaller lunch and dinner with healthy snacks in between.This is what works for me.There are so many different meal plans and it is important to find what is best for you. After you have established what works for you...stick to it! We can still indulge in our favorite desserts we just need to save it for special occasions. "Everything in Moderation."
It is so easy to let our "BAD" habits get the best of us. We are in control though. None of us are perfect...but we are in control. We decide how to start our day and often times that can determine the rest of our lives!!
I want to invite you to share a healthy snack that you enjoy.It is always nice to get new ideas and to try something different...so please share!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great point. We are creatures of habit and that makes great sense. I am a person who has tried many diets and with little lasting effect. They all have good effects, but I will try eating smaller meals and forming the habits. I checked your family blog and your kids and you look great.

    ReplyDelete