Thursday, February 19, 2009

Guest Blogger

J.C. Leach
Scott and I would like to introduce a guy that helped us greatly in rounding up fellow athletes to take part in our focus group in early Feb. Without his help it could have been a complete failure. We would like to thank him and take the time to add him as a guest blogger. Here you have it folks, Jc Leach.



Hey everyone! First off I want to thank Scott and Drew and the Mixers staff for allowing me the privilege of being today’s guest blogger. Secondly I hope that if I can only reach one person through this “editorial” I will feel like I have accomplished what I wanted to.
To tell you a little about myself I played baseball for 17 years. From tee-ball all the way up to college division 1 baseball until my knees couldn't’t handle the pressure of everyday stress. Giving up baseball was a hard thing for me to do because of the physical activity that was involved. It was a down point in my life going from working out hard every day, to trying to find something other than just the monotonous running and lifting weights to stay in decent shape.
That’s when I discovered MMA. I have always enjoyed watching the fights on TV or occasionally going to the event, but actually participating in it was something I was kind of skeptical about. I went to a local gym that had opened recently in my neighborhood. I took the trial run and was hooked! I had such a blast learning the techniques of Brazilian Jui Jitzu and Muay Thai. I signed up right away and wrote up a workout to keep me on track. Before I went and started doing regular lifts, I went and visited my old trainer to get ideas on what types of lifts I should be doing. He gave me some tips and I was on my way. Now three days a week I lift, emphasizing on body weight lifts, such as pull-ups and body rows. Two days a week I train in Jui Jitzu and now boxing due to the kicking I cannot do in Muay Thai. I have my first fight in two months and in a couple weeks I am going to be switching my routines from 3 days of of lifting to two day, and 2 days of training to three days.
With all this fluff I just said I hope to get one point across. Doing different types of training is important to keep the workout drive alive. Doing the same stuff everyday can get boring and nobody wants to work out when they are bored of it. So mix it up. Give your life a little variety, and make working out something you look forward to and you will see the changes in your physique that you are looking for.

1 comment:

  1. J.C. great post. I feel that there are many people that stay away from the fighting circuit because they do not understand the benefits, including myself. The MMA and similar circuits are about fighting, but respect for those you fight. It is a phenominal way to train and get your body in shape. One should know that everyone that trains this way does not always fight. We appreciate your post and look forward to seeing you do well in your fight and hearing from you again.

    ReplyDelete