Monday, February 2, 2009

Know your weakness

When maintaining health and a healthy diet, know what your weaknesses are. For me if there is food around I keep eating even when I am not hungry. Also I find that the buffet style does not work for me. I was told growing up that I should finish all the food on my plate. Unfortunatley plates and platters have gotten bigger. Food portions are huge and our stomachs have no choice but to grow. A helpful hint for everyone including myself, is to cut portions in half when going out to eat. I know it is inconvenient to take leftovers home or seem like you are just playing with your food, but the truth is your health will benefit. This is a weakness for most people I know. When they are out, they want to be out and not worry about a diet, or healthy eating, but you can eliminate a great deal of positive work in a week, with a weekend of going out. So as a general rule, cut it in half. Even if you do not plan to take it home, in the grand scheme of things you will feel better and be able to enjoy other parts of the weekend and going out or being in. In the end your stomach will begin to reduce in size and you will fill faster and feel more full and complete after meals. Instead of putting yourself through the pain of bloating and being so full you cant move. Keep it light and cut it in half. Keep your new years resolution going strong and add this to your regiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment