Friday, February 6, 2009

Meal Portions

Today I wanted to write a little about some of the things that I am personally doing to get into better shape. I have decided that I am going to try and I emphasize try; to cut my meal portions in half. The other advancement that I am working on is no burgers and fries. Cutting out the grease and reducing my portions by half is something that I actually have found is working. The fact is, the body does not send the message that you are full until about 15 minutes past the time of being full. So the key to get the timing of the message and allowing it to work without the bloating is to slow down. Start your meal, whatever it is, by eating at a slower pace. As you start to approach half way point, stop and talk, stop and drink, etc..... Take a couple of minutes to see how you feel. You will start to feel that you are getting full or are full. That way you can judge whether you should continue or bag the rest. Portion sizes are huge now days and to eat half is actually better for you, especially when food is so processed in our society. I wanted to give this tip because it was given to me and I really have enjoyed doing it. I tried it a couple of years back when I lived in Las Vegas, and really noticed a difference. Start the weekend right and have some fun and do something for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment