Monday, February 16, 2009

Train your mind and the body will follow....

Scott Schwab
On Saturday I went to get a massage and it was wonderful. If you are in the Orem area as a resident or a visitor, you need to go see Diana at Well Being Massage. She has been in the industry for 13 years and has had many years of experience. We are hoping to have her be a guest poster in the coming weeks. Her feedback for me was very applicable and something that got me thinking. The mind is the most phenomenal tool that exists in the world today. Through your mind and what you think; you create energy and draw what you are thinking directly to you. I also would like to take the time to recommend the book or movie, The Secret. Now I am not going to tell you that I believe everything said on those pages, but the fundamental truths are there and pertinent. As I mulled this over in my brain I wondered how this applies to working out and having a healthy diet. Having a strong mind and teaching your brain to respond to operate how you want it to is in our realm of possibility. So how does this work? You must know what you want and make a commitment to yourself. A book that I read once talked about the body responding to vibrations as it applies to touch and commitment. This is why at each section the author would have you put the book down, place your hand on your heart and make a commitment. After the initial commitment he would have you then place your hand on your head and make a general but powerful commitment of what you ultimately want to become. This applies to dieting and exercise too. In the world of the body, the mind must be in tune. The mind must lead and control what the body can and will do. Everything is a thought first. So let us all take a minute to make a personal vow by placing our hand on our heart. It can be anything, but do it, because I know that it works and I am seeing it right now in my life. Follow it up by a statement with your hand on your head which is somewhat unique but empowering. For example, my vow is not to eat greasy food, especially burgers and fries from fast food joints. I have placed my hand on my heart and say I will not eat fast food, greasy foods that provide little nourishment to my body. Now my second statement is to place my hand on my mind and say I will have 6% body fat and be in the best shape of my life. I have done this with business and now I am working on the body side. I can tell you that I know that it worked for me from a business standpoint, and will now test it in another arena and see how it works. I hope this post finds everyone well and ready to make the declarations to become their best. Another suggestion has been made and we will be implementing it. In italics we will be placing the name of the person who was the blogger for that post at the top of their article. That way each person visiting can quickly know who the authors are and become better connected. Thanks for your help and continued feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment