Wednesday, November 17, 2010

8 Week Challenge Results

Dyan and Trent























12)Dyan Vallace

1. Avoid Gluten, Dairy, and Eggs (due to food allergies)

2. Exercise at least 3 times a week (hopefully more)

3. Eat more protein and Fiber (shake a day)



13)Trent Vallace

1. Support my wife and have the same goals

2. Avoid Gluten, Dairy, and Eggs

3. Exercise at least 3 times a week

4. Eat more protein and Fiber (Shake a day)

5. Stretch more and have better flexibility

*Dyan
I was able to lose a little weight (5 pounds) that showed mostly
through the face. I Did alot better the second half of the challenge
with working out. It is so much easier when both of us got up early
and went. I also did alot better eating and drinking more protein. I
did lots of intervals thanks to the blog message and I even got to try
something new, I tried and loved zumba! Next challenge I want to do
swimming. The on goal that I still want to keep and improve on next
time is the consistency and balance of eating throughout the whole
week and weekend. My problem is I go all week eating no gluten, milk,
or eggs and then the weekend there is a get together or a gathering of
some type and I splurge and get sick. I just want to work on being
more consistent in my eating habits. Overall it was a good challenge
and I met some of my goals now I just want to do it from start to
finish rather than really well at the first and last part of the
challenge.

*Trent
I did well with the majority of my goals. I really tried to support my
wife and go workout at 6am, on the days that I slept in I tried to do
swimming, yoga or elyptical.We also did well with our eating during
the week but on the weekend we need to workon not eating out as our
date night! I think overall this challenge went well I didnt lose any
weight but I can tell my body is gaining muscle and better sculpted.
It went well and now I know where I can imporove for next time!





14)Rod





Rod Adams

1. Eliminate pop and energy drinks
2. Eat a clean diet of 45% carbs, 35% protein, 20% fat
3. Maintain a workout schedule consisting of 4 days per week weights
and 2 days per week interval training
4. Stretch
5. Spiritual growth
6. Continue to develop business concept
7. Daily reflection on goals

*The eight week challenge was not what I had anticipated it being. I
went into it with a strong mind and I ended up getting catheter
ablation performed on my heart. Although visibly it appears that I
have digressed, internally I am doing much better. The Dr. is
uncertain if my heart condition was created through genetics, a viral
infection, or the abundance of artificial sweetners and caffiene I
have lived on for the past 23 years. Anyways...I'm not able to work out
yet and have had a lot of idle time to think. I have followed what I
have believed to be a good diet for quite a few years; less soda
and energy drinks. I still think the ratios of protein/carbs/fat,
calorie intake etc... have been good overall. However, I picked up
my protein powder and read the ingredients. Wow...a lot them.
Complete with artificial sweetners. Then I started thinking about the
3/4 lbs. of meat that I eat on a near daily basis. Where does this
meat come from? The eggs, the produce and on and on. From now on I
will be giving thought to the source of the food I am consuming!


15)James






James Hansen

1.My goal is to lose like 15 to get to 165
2. I want to finish my novel in the next four weeks. I have 30,000 words and so it's gonna take another 25k.This will be rad. :)
3. Get my body fat percentage to 12.
4. Finish my book on html and get a book on dreamweaver and flash.

* I was able to get a good amount of my novel written. I did pretty well with my goals. Overall I think it was a pretty good success.



16)Sheri




Sheri Schwab

-Practice piano daily for 15 minutes
-Walk daily to the mailboxes and around the park
-Avoid all soda pops, especially caffeine, consume minimum of 8 glasses of water daily
-Do one week of a Dr. prescribed cleanse, avoid all deserts
-Continue reading & listening to worthy books & music

*Thanks for inviting me to participate in the 8 week challenge. It strengthened me to know others were struggling and trying together to meet goals. I accomplished some things; however, those that I did not have given me my next set of expectations. I need to develop the resolve and the will to make piano practicing, and a set walking schedule, more focused priorities! I've made it a habit to get up earlier and have now advanced to a time between 6:30-7:00am I don't set alarms and I'm still trying to train my body to the 6:30 time slot! I completed the two cleanses but didn't keep off any weight but it remains important to me. I'll have to go back and look at my original submission but these listed were the ones foremost in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment