Friday, November 19, 2010

8 Week Challenge Results

4)Mark

















Mark Pittard

Goals for this eight week challenge
1. Loose 7 pounds and turn it into muscle
2. Do 300 crunches everyday besides Sunday
3. Run three times a week
4. Weights three times a week
5. No eating after 8
6. Limit sweets to once a week




*During my eight weeks, I struggled to keep on a steady pace. Some weeks were better than others. the thing is, you just have to take at least thirty minutes of your day and just work out. you feel a lot better about yourself. I concentrated this six weeks on cardio, and higher reps in weight training. I am motivated to do even better these next eight weeks.




5)Zach





















Zach Taylor(entered by wife)

1. Work on enlarging pecs for wife to sleep on at night.
2. Gain "good" weight to look dang good for wife.
3. Chiseling those abs that he used to wash his clothes on.
4. Cut back on the pop...that'll be rough (he didn't know about that one) (:



*The 8 week challenge has been success. I am currently in a weight training class that is great and I know that I am getting the lifting that I wanted. I have learned some great Ab workouts that are great for slimming down. I have been consistent which was important. I would like to improve on eliminating soda, but have reduced my original intake.


6)Daric









Daric Hartle

I am currently at 212 lbs and would like to be down to about 195 idealy however, for this challenge I think it is realistic to try and get to 205. I am going to accomplish this by using a diet that is supposed to jive with my blood type. In other words, I should not eat certain foods due to my blood type. I will try this method while also cutting back on my bread and sugars consumption. I will once again be starting my running and keeping track of it using Nike Plus on my IPod. Also, I am going to swim at least 3 times a week.



*So the 8 week challenge was, well a challenge. In the midst of starting a new business I put a lot of things to the side and one of those things was exercising regularly. However, I did manage to run a few times as well as swim. I did start to coach my son's soccer team and I would run any chance that I got with the kids to get a little exercise out of it. I am sad to say that as far as the scale goes...it was equal to where I started. The challenge was not lost though because it did bring to light the need to make room for something as I go forward. As things begin to fall into place with the new business, I am going to MAKE time for my health. I am ready for the next challenge, whenever that is.







7)Deena






















Deena Taylor

1. Get rid of the little midget that is wrapped around my waist..and no that is not my 4 month old.
2. Avoid my urge to eat everything every time I'm done nursing. I want to eat little snacks but not a whole bag of Fritos. You know?
3. Get out of the house and run at least twice a week. It sounds simple but I haven't quite perfected leaving the house with 2 kids yet.
4. Smaller meals!! I have gotten a little carried a way with my proportions ever since I got pregnant.



*Alright, I gotta say this fabulous 8 week challenge went better than I expected. It went super fast and the results came out better than expected as well. I wasn't able to get out to run as much as I wanted to but I have been able to play basketball quite often this last month. ...Which is awesome for me since I have a hard time going running without something else to do but just run. :) In the end, I shedded some flabby pounds, fit into a smaller outfit, and ate with more control. I still find my weaknesses at family and friend gatherings and am a social eater to the bone but I am happy with my results. One thing I found helpful when I was finding myself craving something to eat was to drink a glass of water first. Not too exciting and not as fulfilling but it really helped me to either not eat at all or eat something more healthy.






8)Mikey






















Mike Belnap

-40 lbs less through working out and eating less
-NO POP!!


*Over the 8 weeks I have switched to diet dew instead of regular! I have ate more proteins and less sugar! I have started reffing and getting some regular exercise which helps!!!! I have lost about 4 inches off my waist and 30lbs! Its a great start, however the journey has just begun!!! :-)




9)Arianne




















Arianne Pfleger

1. One free day a week to eat as I like-Saturday. That means no treats except Sat. I eat way too much sugar, I feel like I need to start drastic.
2. Finish reading Spirited Child.
3. End the 8 week challenge at 145. I want a smaller waistline because I've been told belly fat is the most dangerous kind.
4. Monday-Zumba or a run, Tuesday-Run in the AM, Weds-Yoga or Zumba Fri-Run and lift in the AM Sat-Long Run. 5 miles or more.
Thanks!


*I got further on my book. So I learned a little bit more about my spirited little one and I will finish it soon! =) I went one whole week without sugar!! And I can honestly say, although that wasn't my goal, it was an accomplishment for me because I have never consciously accomplished that feat. Seriously. I also had my leg surgery scheduled about 5 weeks into this challenge, which I hadn't realized, so I wasn't able to work out for the last 3 weeks of it. However, I got back to the gym today and it felt so fantastic to run again. Thank heaven for modern medicine! And as for weight, let's just say I haven't gained and I WILL his that dang number! Not ideal but a few baby steps were made. ;) Thank you Schwab's!

No comments:

Post a Comment