Monday, March 30, 2009

Foundation for success

Jarran Joshu
Hello there-
Well I would like to start out by saying welcome to a great bloging site and I look forward to making this a regular thing. I was born and raised in Arizona and took a liking to being fit in life and accomplishing any and everything that I set my mind to at a young age. I have been fortunate in my life to meet and befriend a endless amount of very successful people. With that, I have come to realize that by far, the most important things that anyone can do to consistently achieve their goals is to educate themselves thoroughly on what it is that they want to accomplish. I find that far too many people have goals in life, yet only a vague understanding of how to actually get the desired results that he or she is seeking. So time after time, people give up or fail to achieve what it is that they wanted to do. (I.e. Individuals that are trying to lose a few extra pounds or get that toned beach body they have always wanted). People love to say, “I have been working out for years and I just cant get the body I want.” This is something that I hear day in and day out and I ask them the simple question, “What it is exactly that you want to accomplish?” 9 out of 10 times this is what follows; “umm…” and then a whole bunch of vague wishie washie answers. Do you think if you asked Irving Morrow, the architect that created the Golden Gate Bridge, how do you build a bridge he would say “umm…”? No, he would have an extremely definitive answer to that question. That is the mentality that most people are lacking, yet everyone should have, when it comes to trying to accomplish a goal. You should know without an inkling of a doubt, in your mind, specifically what your goal is, then educate yourself thoroughly on how to achieve it. I find that those two things are the foundation to be successful at what ever it may be that you put your mind to. If your goal is to be healthy and in shape; you should be exposing yourself to very reliable and educational information on how to do just that. Do not just keep going to the gym and doing what you think might be the right workout to get the desired results you’re seeking. Go ask a trainer, read a book, pick up a health and fitness magazine, or read my next blog. I appreciate the time you have spent reading this and your input is highly valued and encouraged, so feel free to ask away.

4 comments:

  1. You said ask, so I'm asking! I know this is disgusting, but how to I get rid of the "cottage cheese" on the back of my thighs? I can never get a good answer. All I do get, is that it's very had to get rid of once you've got it--please tell me it isn't so!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so. I personally had some cottage cheese. The main thing that must be accomplished is to do squats, lunges, and running stairs. You want to make sure that with the weights you are doing light weight and with the stairs be running sets as quickly as you can. I promise if you do this 2-3 times a week for 2 months you will be toned and free of cottage cheese. It does take a lot of work though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your approach and look forward very much to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to hearing more from you...

    btw, were you going for "the look" from Zoolander in that picture? :P

    http://www.twistedkristi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/zoolander_face.jpg

    ReplyDelete