Monday, March 9, 2009

Keeping a sane mind


Scott Schwab

I am sure that each of you can remember a time in which you were confined to the walls of a home and not able to get out and enjoy an activity. I am there right now and not doing so good. I need to get out and enjoy some sun. If we hadn't just received a gracious sprinkling of the beautiful white stuff, I would probably go for a drive. However, I started to diagnose the way that I am feeling and I guess it is pretty common. As a person is sick and unable to do their normal activity a form of gloom sets in. This can continue for weeks, months, even years in some cases. The fact is though, that one must decide upon being happy to eliminate the gloom. I realize that there are situations when chemical imbalance is part of the gloom and for this medication is best set. However, lets not think that medication is our only avenue to escape the gloom. I personally know that there have been times in my life, where medication could have been a possible choice and maybe preferred. I read an article once that talked about the value of going through difficult times, with the perspective that the experience is forging a better you. I believe this and know it to be true. The process of making steal, is a very hot and somewhat tedious process. The hotter the flame the stronger the steal. I would like to use this in reference to ourselves and our personal progression. Situations present themselves where we must make a choice to continue strong in the fire, or fold our cards. Whatever the choice make sure that you are not allowing yourself the easy way out. You got to know when to hold em, and know when to fold them, but also realize that we do nothing for ourselves and our personal progression when we give up. In reference now to my personal sanity, I will choose to get back to the activities that I know, and time has proven, make me healthy and make me happy. It will be a small start and something that will definitely take time. To eliminate my gloom I know that I need to think positive, not sweat the small stuff, and exercise the body that I have been given as thoroughly as possible. Here is a clip which to me clearly shows the reasons for continuing in the face of everything destined to hold you back or say that you cant. YOU CAN! and YOU WILL! because YOU MUST! If you don't nobody else will. You may have seen this video, it is one of my favorites. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRHxHapwirw

1 comment:

  1. Judas! That is probably the 15th time I have watched that and I'm still choking back the tears. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete