Sunday, March 8, 2009

Healthy Snack Ideas

Chandi Schwab
I thought that it would be fun to share with you some healthy snack ideas to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. I usually eat three small meals a day with healthy snacks between and sometimes if I am hungry a healthy snack at night.(Especially where I am pregnant)

*One of my favorites is a smoothie that I usually have after I workout (One scoop of lean protein,handful of frozen berries,one cup of water, and a banana. Sometimes lowfat yogurt)

*A small bowl of skim milk and Wheaties(maybe some banana on top)

*Whole Wheat toast without butter and soft boild egg spread on the top (I also use tuna)

*Cut up berries and fruit (whatever you have) mixed into lowfat yogurt.(I like YoPlus)

*Reduced fat Wheat Thins or triscuits dipped in Fat Free/Low Fat cottage cheese (You can also add seasoning to the cottage cheese and dip carrots,broccoli,snow peas, and such)I also love pickles

*Veggies dipped in hummus is delicious!

*Whole Wheat Pitas with fat free cottage cheese, tomato, lettuce, and turkey.

*Make trailmix (Craisins, almonds, cashews, dried fruit)

*Drink a ton of water!!!!!

*My nightime snack is usually an Orange, Apple, Plum, or Grapes (sometimes I dip it in Yoplus yogurt(Sweet and satisfying)


Please know that I am not a perfect eater. I make sure that I am able to enjoy desserts and my favorite foods.Especially for speacial occassions and get togethers. It is imortant not to deprive yourself. My continual goal is the same.I always try to get right back on track the following day. Please share some of your favorite healthy snacks in the comment box.I would love ideas and I am sure so would others.

1 comment:

  1. Great snack ideas. I will give you one that I think is worth mentioning. I love celery and it is so good to eat. Rice is also a great thing to eat whenever. Make a lot at the first of the week and eat a little as a snack each day. It is plain, but pretend that it is wonderful and you will get used to it. Have a nice glass of water to rinse it down.

    ReplyDelete