Monday, March 16, 2009

Power of the mind


Scott Schwab

This blog has been dedicated to the health of individuals in all areas. When we started the blog, we had decided that we would include the areas of mental health or awareness within our posts. I have been anxiously engaged in reading a book called Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill. It is an older book but teaches timeless principles. That is what I like so much about the book so far. I am half way through, but the book is really speaking to my soul. I would like to share a couple of ideas that I have picked up from the book in hopes to get all of you to pick up the book as well. The book speaks about the idea of achieving anything that you put into your mind. There is an incredible story about his son who was born virtually deaf. He refused to believe the doctor and continually worked with his son. It seemed that his son could hear very well when combined with vibrations that come through his facial bones and skull. He also input into the mind of his son that he was incredible and that he, in fact, had an advantage to those who could hear completely. The point that the author made is this; you can make yourselves believe anything if you tell yourself that thing enough times. He suggests that once you take something from the conscious to the sub-conscious, you begin to take thoughts and actually visualize them into action. He has a couple of tips that I cannot share based on a strong encouragement to read the book. I honestly believe that you will miss out on life if you do not read this book. It is one of the most captivating reads I have ever had. On a final note. Remember that we can do anything, become anything, as long as we will put the energy into working for and preparing for the thing we want most. "Take the sum total of what you think about most, and that is who you are." Let me be clear, I have not scratched the surface of what I can become, but I know that if I can tell myself exactly what I want to do and how I would like to do it, I will become. The power of the mind is so incredible, I am literally taken back. Furthermore, if we can tap into the ability to dictate what we will do and how we will do it, we will unlock the potential and ability to accomplish all things. I believe that the only limitation that we have is ourselves. Come up with a clear idea of what, how, and who you would like to be. After that get this book and read it. The book will help you sort everything else out. This relates to your physical health very simply. A healthy mind is a healthy body.

1 comment:

  1. The difference between "some" people and "most" people, is there willingness to take action, and then follow through. The first thing we do is plant the seed, the next is nourish it all summer long, and the last thing we must do is eat of the fruit. I encourage everyone, who has just read what Scott wrote, to take action right now, and purchase the book. But you cant stop there, you need to stay the whole summer long, in other words read the book. After you have done this make a decision on wether the fruit of this book is good or bad.

    ReplyDelete