Friday, March 6, 2009

Benefits of exercise to prevent sickness


Scott Schwab

Interestingly enough I have a new experience that I can share with everyone. I flew home yesterday from Columbus Ohio after a week of work. Wednesday night I slept horribly with spells of sweating and the chills. I really was scared though when I started to cough up blood. When I flew home I went to the doctor and unfortunately I have pneumonia... I have always been very healthy and had normal colds here and there, but mostly healthy. I am struggling right now because I have to stay home for the next 10 days with no exercise and no outdoors. I am grateful for a doctor that is more intelligent than I am and can give me good feedback. I also know through the conversation that my condition would be much worse if I had not been physically healthy. I believe that the reason that I am not in the hospital is because of the exercise and cardiovascular health that I have. According to the Doc my left lung is completely encased in a mucus ball, but I should be able to return to normal activity within the month. So my point to this post is to again, push the need for constant improvement and a consistent exercise. As you exercise it is proven that you will avoid more sickness in your lifetime. Also when in the event that you do get sick, your healing time will be shorter and you can get back to the things you truly enjoy. Enjoy the simple things. This weekend go for a walk, have fun working outside, or do something for your body. Appreciate what you have because for me, I will be reading a book and wishing I could be outside getting some form of exercise. Have a safe and great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Dood!!!! 10 days?!? I'm so sorry. Hope you get feeling better. You got the curse of Ohio.

    ReplyDelete