Sunday, October 30, 2011

Quote of the day


Scott Schwab:
Rather than a quote, I wanted to share a personal insight that I had today. As I looked at the relationship between giving and receiving, I found that they exist in an eternal circle that flows into the other. When giving there is a feeling of satisfaction that increases your perception and knowledge of a given situation (and thus we receive). The simple fact of seeing additional things/blessings come into your life from giving is in fact a reality. The easiest way to forget about the challenges that you may be having personally, is to turn your energy and focus outwards to others.
Some of the greatest growing opportunities come through trial, tribulation, and disaster. Yes, these things are terrible and can change life forever, but with the right attitude we can also look at an event as a stepping stone to greater days ahead. With that attitude, receiving gives us the chance to give to others, comfort, direct, advise, or possibly give a unique perspective. My highest learning opportunities have come from events where I was able to see a unique point of view or the unique point of view that I needed at that time from someone who stumbled into my life at that exact time. Chance.... I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment