Saturday, February 5, 2011

Holiday 8 week challengers

Kevin Pfleger

Before


After


Goals
1. Get down to 180 lbs. Right now I weigh about 188 or so. I plan to achieve that goal by not eating after dinner and significantly increasing my fruits and vegetables.
2. Do cardio three times a week and lift weights three times a week.

Results
My fitness goals were to lose a few pounds and lift weights and run more regularly. I did well for the first several weeks and then did horribly for the middle portion of the challenge with the holidays and holiday travel. I did lose several pounds but did not make the progress I had hoped. Hopefully I will have better success next time. Thanks to you and Scott for all your work to put these challenges together.


Nicole Berry

Before


After


Goals
My goals for the eight week challenge are to eat ample amount of vegetables and fruits. In take more protiens and fiber and only allow sugars once a week. I am also making it a goal to consume more water and keep a proper schedule for my workout and during that time workout with consistency. I am going to try so hard to not skip a workout routine and work with full dedication. Hopefully by applying my goals I can lose 15 stubborn pounds.


Results
I lost 10lbs! More importantly I feel great. I have met my goal of at least working out 4 times a week for at least 45 mins. I hope by the next challenge to be learning new workouts so I don't do the same thing every time but for now I am happy that I am at least getting to the gym. Also, since the challenge I have cut out meat, dairy and a lot of processed foods. I consume more fruits and veggies than I ever have my entire life! I do treat myself occasionally to my favorite treats so I don't deprive my sweet tooth but I don't overdo it. Thanks for the boost to get my butt in gear. I look forward to more challenges in the future to help me stay on track.


Sam Woods


Before



After



Goals
1) Spend 50 hours or less at the office each week
2) 5 workouts each week
3) lose 1-2 pounds each week
4) go on a date with a girl each week (4 options my wife or 3 daughters)


Results
I didn't lose a pound in the past 8 weeks but I built some muscle mass.
I did good with spending 50 hours or less at the office each week
I only averaged 3 workouts a week vs my goal of 5 workouts each week
I did go on a date with a girl each week (4 options)


James Hansen

Before


After



Goals
1. I'm gonna keep with the awesomeness of the last 8 week challenge and lose ten more pounds and reach 170.
2. I'm going to exercise at least six times a week.
3. Eliminate fast food.
4. Finish the first draft of my novel!

Results
I did not do as well as I would have hoped. The timing was difficult with a move across the country and the stresses and poor eating that comes with it. Furthermore, the Holidays were challenging, but I got through them and feel motivated to go into the spring with a renewed attitude. I have completed 40k words in my novel and am excited to complete the task.


Sam Swenson


Before



After



Goals
1. Current weight= 213......by Feb 1 weigh 195-200(tone muscle and loose fat)
2. No carbonation from now until the end of 2011.
3. Drink more water and eat more healthy.

Results
I have achieved all the goals that I set out to obtain except my weight goal. I do feel that I have put on better weight and that is why some of my weight has not changed as much as I would like. I am down a couple of pounds, but feel that I could have done better. My wife is having a baby in a couple of weeks and it is our first. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me and how excited we are.

Arianne Pfleger
Before



After




Goals
1. Exercise 5 days a week.
2. Eat 5 times a day. Two of those times fresh fruits and/or veggies only and nothing after dinner.

Results
Well folks, I'm not going to lie. I totally blew this challenge and who wants to hear a bunch of excuses as to why?Props to those who took it all the way though! Summertime has thrown in some extra incentive for me and I look forward to the awesome helpful hints that you schwab's provide.

Jaff Hadlock



Goals
1 - Running at least 3 times a week.
2 - Weight training at least 3 times a week.
3 - Spend more one on one time with each child per week.
4 - No eating after 7pm.
5 - Cut soda out of diet.
6 - Eat healthier.

Results
The challenge was great for the first 4 weeks. At the midpoint I was down 9 pounds and running 4 times a week. Then the holidays came. I am back to where I began and determined to change that for the future.

Elyssa Taylor

Before


After


Goals
-eat healthier and indilge less
-Work out atleast 3 times a week
-Be a kinder more grateful person


Results
This 8 week challenge has been really good for me. Even though my outward appearance didn't change much, i gained a lot of drive to help me change for the future. My biggest challenge was to stay motivated. It was hard to force myself not to eat that cookie, or to wake up at 5 o clock to work up a sweat. And a lot of the time i didn't skip desert, or i slept in for an hour and missed my morning workout. But when i would do those things i'd always be hitting myself later. On the days that i met my daily goals, which was working out for an hour and just eat what's good for me, i would have a much better day. I'd be nicer to my friends, teachers, and family and i was just a much more fun person to be around! Even with my busy schedule, which will be getting even busier, this has given me the motivation to keep myself healthy and happy, and when i'm happy, i can make the people around me happy, and isn't that what we should strive to do everyday? What i can take from this 8 week challenge is motivation to be successful in what ever challenge i decide to take on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment