Saturday, November 19, 2011

8 week challengers

Ashley Ludlow


February:










Before:









After:










Results:
Wow! This year has been so good to me. I was looking back at my first before photo back in February, and I cannot believe how far I've come! I know I have more weight to shed and I definitely have more room to grow personally, but seeing where I came from is a real motivator. I lost a little more weight these 8 weeks, but I've been a little stuck in the biggest plateau yet. I can't wait to break through it this next month even though it's the holidays. I've really learned a sense of moderation in all things. I really love the book "I Can Make You Thin." by Paul McKenna. He talks a lot about creating conscious eating habits. Imagine every meal is it's own event. You sit down, all attention on what you're eating and enjoying and savoring every bite. Cutting out all distractions is key! I really believe that if I can focus in on this conscious way of eating every time I sit down to a meal, I'll be able to balance out at a healthy body weight. Moderation is my new motto!

One of my biggest challenges throughout the entire time I've participated in these Mixer's Nutrition challenges has been meeting my goal of going to bed early. I know it can help assist in weight loss, yet every night I seem to find an excuse to be up late. I'd really like to conquer that this next time around.

I've taken great strides in my journal writing and in personal development. I even recorded my first song during this last challenge. (You can listen to it here: ashleyludlow.bandcamp.com.) I feel so pleased with how far I've come in business and in personal strength. Having my husband gone this year has given me a lot of time by myself (except the kids running around!), and I feel like having that time to myself has really helped me uncover the things about me I've wanted to change. I feel like a new person, and I can't wait to finally reunite with my husband next month! (He's been serving in the Army in South Korea for 12 months.) I'm excited to start a new adventure with him by my side and work together with him to reach our health and fitness goals!

I'm so thankful I was referred to your blog so I could participate in these challenges. It's like a constant reminder to be choosing healthy foods and to stay active. Thank you so much! I hope everyone has a fun and healthy Thanksgiving next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment