Friday, November 18, 2011

8 week Challengers

Scott Schwab


Before:













After:










Results
This challenge has been a great wake up call. My goals were aligned exactly with what I wanted to accomplish. However, some of the goals I struggled with more than others. My weight did not change. Half way through the challenge I was in a great situtation to be at my desired weight, but the last week I gained 10 pounds! Yes 10 pounds. I guess the bear in me started hybernation before I was ready.
With reading books, I did complete my goal. I started listening to books on planes, trains, and automobiles. Well not trains, but anyway, it was much easier to get through books and my retention seemed to be ok. I would like to implement writing my findings down in a notebook or journal so I can retain more. I do enjoy music and struggled with not listening while in the car. I find that for me, music is very soothing and motivating. So although I spent the majority of my time listening to books on CD, I also listened to music in moments of weakness.
Serving people outside of my family happened, but not everyday unless you count smiles and hugs. Just kidding. I tried, but realized I can serve more and will continue to attempt to be more considerate and aware of those around me. Texting was good, and I made improvements. I regret to admit that I have not quit cold turkey, but I am much better. It is not worth the risk, so my goal is to be perfect.
I look forward to a holiday season and break. NOT a break from my lifestyle, but I have some personal goals that I would like to achieve outside of the blog. However, I will be ready to get my game on starting in January for the next challenge. Make it a goal now to join us and recruit others so you are more accountable and it is more fun for all of us. We do want to do weekly check in's as we have found that people do good for a couple weeks to four weeks and then desire fades. Let us know what you think of this idea.


Chandi Schwab


Before:

















After:

















Results
This eight week challenge has gone really well in some aspects and not so well in others. I didn't make any goals with my eating and it has been the worst it has been in awhile. I always justify and convince myself that I work out hard enough to eat whatever I want, but the truth is that it really effects my performance. So my next challenge will include beter eating. On the plus side, I have been working out great and swimming more. Not always swimming 2 times a week but as much as I can. I have also been running with other girls and it has been a lot of fun! Makes my early cold winter runs easier to bare. Boston training starts next month!!!
Taking the time to spend "quality time" with the kids individually is nice,and I can see a difference in them. There is always room for improvement though.I am excited to hit my training hard, time for new running shoes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment