Saturday, December 12, 2009

Shock me back to life


Scott Schwab:
It occurred to me yesterday as I was running errands that many of us including myself hit road blocks or plateaus in our workouts. Like with many things, we need to switch things up from time to time. When we do the same workout or the same routine day after day, our bodies become very comfortable and do not continue to respond. Though it is the most effective to have a routine,(time wise), what you do in the routine should not stay the same. As resilient as our bodies are, we must work other exercises and workouts so we can get the results that we want. Even when going to a trainer, unless they are including muscle confusion, you are wasting your time. Muscle confusion can best be explained through adaptation. As you use your muscles or do a weekly routine your muscles get used to the routine and stop progressing. The same thing goes for trying to lose weight. After your body gets used to a routine, you will burn less calories and actually use your muscles less. This is why it is important to reinvent your workout every 2 weeks. A good saying that I always adhere to, is if I am not sore, I did not work my body. Keep that in mind as you lay out your daily and weekly routines. There are many ideas on this site that you can do. Health magazines and other online sources are great. I get a lot of my ideas from menshealth.com. I know there are running magazines and specific women's health magazines that you can link to directly from our side bar. Now that we all have some of the tools we will need, lets start with shocking the body back to life. I recommend that a person change there workout often. I also recommend that a person do a body cleanse monthly. There are some great ones listed in past posts that I would recommend trying. Doing a cleanse helps eliminate toxins that can harm the body and keep the body from doing its normal functions. When you clean all of that out, you start from scratch. Another benefit is shrinking your stomach. The truth is that we all eat to much. Our stomach is only the size of our fist. Surprisingly that is not the size it stays as we stretch it meal to meal. For any routine to be successful there has to be a lifestyle change and particularly an eating change. Starving is not a good method. Your body badly needs nutrients to keep things going. However, when it comes to shocking your body into a fat burning machine, you must start with eliminating toxins. If you are hitting a wall, do a body cleanse and start fresh with a new workout routine and goals to even work harder. You have to always be pushing yourself to the limit if you want your body to respond. So as with other blogs, it is a time to commit yourself into doing absolutely everything that you can to obtain your goals. I have become aware of a 10 day cleanse, that I have heard wonderful results from. Chandi and I are going to do it after the first of the year if anyone else is interested in participating. I am going to do some research first to make sure that it is safe and doesn't have negative effects. I do encourage everyone to find a 1-3 day cleanse to do immediately and shock your body back to life. Then look at all of the workouts and decide upon a routine for two weeks and switch it up. We also just made the blog address into a sticker for the back window of our car. If anyone wants one, we could definitely get one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment