Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Another Challenger


Scott Schwab:
Today has been a long day of traveling. However, I feel good about the 65 degree weather. With this week being about the half way point of the 8 week challenge we thought we would take sometime and give those still dedicated to the challenge, a chance to tell us what they are doing.
Josh Shiffman
I have worked out for a long time now and I love the feeling I get after I get a good workout in, all those endorphins, I just love it. However, I have learned that if your wanting to look good, only working out won't really do it for you. One has to be consistent and disciplined in their eating habits. Something that has helped me when trying to reach a certain weight goal, is noticing that my eating habits directly reflect the type of workout I do in the morning. I have chosen to wake up anywhere from 5-7am depending on my schedule to work out. If I don't get a work out in my eating through the day are terrible. I justify to myself that its OK, but those are the days I should be watching my eating. After a good workout I feel like I am so in shape that I don't want to eat anything unhealthy to ruin that. For me I didn't realize that was how I worked. I make it a priority to workout in the morning so that the rest of my day is a success. I learned this to be true when my wife asked me in May 2009 to run the St George marathon in October 2009. I had never even thought about running a marathon, probably because one couldn't really miss a run while training, and running wasn't fun to me. I remember struggling to run 1 mile on treadmill. The first 3 weeks running 3-5 miles per day killed me. I didn't know how I would ever do 26 miles at one time. We ran the Marathon and I loved every minute of it. We started and finished together, just like we had practiced. What an amazing experience! Looking back on it now those 3-5 miles everyday taught me how little things are so important in the big picture. For me working out in the morning is my "little thing", every single day. Getting into shape so that I can feel good about myself and be active is my "Big Thing." Good luck to all you in your holiday feasts. Be strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment