Thursday, December 24, 2009

Avoid the gut bomb


Scott Schwab
It is incredible to me at this time of year how much I justify. As I see a tasty treat, the battle begins. Unbelievable! However, I have observed that as I have partaken a little here and a little there, I actually am feeling a gut bomb at the end of the night. What I don't think I realize is the grazing that I am doing is really adding up. The sugar is not treating me well and my stomach is so uncomfortable. It is similar to that feeling when you have eaten some really greasy food and you just want to say "Get out of my belly." I have a couple of tips that are helping me. I am chewing a lot of gum. The reason is that I will not eat treats when I have gum in my mouth. It also gives me a temporary fix for the sweat tooth in me. We also have propel, which is helping me avoid the soda and other fun holiday drinks. Now I am not saying not to have a little or be a bah humbug type of person, but I am saying that once you start it is very difficult to stop. I know how fudge tastes. It is not necessary for me to eat 20 just to be sure they still taste good. Have a goodie, then pop a piece of gum in and avoid the grazing. Like bessy the cow, we have a tendency to eat more when it is laid out in front of us and easily accessible as apposed to a meal. It is Christmas Eve and it is a wonderful time of year, the most wonderful time if you ask some people. Enjoy it, with the end in mind. The end is fulfilling your goal and succeeding with your health and fitness objectives. Keep your heads up and know that you will make it. The most prominent New Years Resolution, deals with weight. Start now, so you have your focus and will be less likely to binge this Holiday with the knowledge of, "I will start January 1st
and really be disciplined." The truth is; if you don't do it today, you probably wont do it tomorrow.
Chandi Schwab
This 8 weeks my goal is to strengthen and tone my whole body. As you have probably noticed I am incorporating the Body for Life program which has been a huge success. The aerobic portion that I have shared in a recent post works so well. I am really trying to push myself with my workouts and am continually working on my eating.
This 8 weeks I will...
1)lose 5 more lbs
2)Tone my lower abs more
3)leaner bum and thighs
I am reaching my goals through
1)Body for Life program
2)alternating upper and lower body weight lifting
3)different abs everyday
4)Drinking my protein shakes every morning

This time of year is the hardest but that is why it is the best time to be health conscious and to always be working towards our goals!Keep up the great hard work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment