Monday, September 7, 2009

Traveling


Scott Schwab
I wanted to write and give a couple of tips for traveling and eating right. Whenever we have traveled in the past we have found ourselves; probably like many of you, in the drive-thru line for some burgers and fries. What better than to let that wonderful grease sit in your tummy with your ride home and wash it down with a sugar drink to top it off. We decided today that we were going to go the subway route. Chandi decided to go the healthy route for our trip today, which consisted with a breakfast before we left and then Subway. It was great because any of you know that as that grease sits it will easily turn into fat and eventually have an adverse effect on your body. Food is your energy, and when we don't have the right food, the energy is not as complete. I have always chosen the biggest burger with the largest fries, thinking to myself that I will not make another stop for the trip. However; I have continually had to make stops in getting additional caffeine and goodies to keep me awake. It finally clicked today when we got wheat hoagies, jammed packed with veggies and good meat and waters to drink. I also know others who pack lunches for kids and adults, thus saving on costs and having great food with energy. The main idea is to plan it out and be prepared. Just like anything in life; if we do not plan, we plan to fail. I have made a new commitment that I will choose water to drink and make a healthy choice at all times. I am getting old enough that my metabolism is slowing to a crawl. Because of this I have to make better decisions. It is easy to stop and grab something unhealthy, whereas the easy way out is not always the best. In monitoring how I feel at the end of the day, I feel great and ready for a great day at the gym and a great week. It is on for my commitment in getting in shape I hope you will join with me and reach your goal. Let us know where we can help. All this week you can post in the comment box what your commitment is and how you will get there. From there we will compute a 8 week challenge and check up with you to see your progress and how we can help. Cheers to the champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment