Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Day at the Gym


Chandi Schwab
I like to switch around my workouts when I go to the gym.There are many different machines and things to use that it can be overwhelming. Why not take advantage of all the different things the gym has to offer. I decided for my post today that I would share an example of what I did at the gym today.
I prefer working out right when I wake up to get my day started out right.I don't want to eat a big meal before I go so I usually grab a handful of almonds with a piece of fruit and water to give me energy for my workout.
I like to do a half hour of cardio(today the elliptical) and then run 2 miles on the treadmill. Other days I pair running with the StairMaster,bicycle,arc machine,ect..
When I am running I start out slow and gradually get faster and then make my way back to cool down.
After I do cardio I lift weights.I switch off arms and legs every other day and do some form of abs every day. Today I did arms with free weights.In between my reps. I did lunges around the basketball court. I am trying to focus on lifting and toning my rear and thighs.Lunges and squats are great for this .I always feel it the next day.
This is a quick summary of a typical day at the gym.It is important to remember that we are all at different levels but it is important to start somewhere.I want to start posting more individual workouts in more detail.I am sure a lot of you don't have time to do this every day so it is always good to do what you can and to improvise.Always set goals and when you reach them set new ones.As you know I am continually trying to live a healthy lifestyle.There are always areas that I can improve though.A shout out to all of you that read our blog! We love your support and would really appreciate feeback in the comment box below.For those of you in the challenge keep up the good work!It isn't to late to start.Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment