Sunday, September 6, 2009

Quote of the day


Scott Schwab
I am reading a book currently that I feel good about referring to everyone. I picked it up in the airport a couple of weeks ago and have gleamed some great things from the book. It is The Speed of Trust, by Stephen M.R. Covey. The book talks about many helpful hints and has great stories to further teach principles and ideas. "Beginners are many, finishers are few". We all have heard some version of this quote or saying. The main idea is to finish what we start, but also to commit to things in your life and put your heart and mind into it. Living your life with health and happiness is the biggest dividend that you can pay to yourself. Too many people live their life with no regard to how they will feel later, or how the negative effects of being out of shape eventually catch up to you. If you haven't felt it before, feel the urgency now. Spend time focusing on how, decide your why, and get to work and be a finisher. I personally believe that the most valuable trait that a person can have is dependability. Dependability comes from finishing what you start or doing what you say you will do. By tomorrow night at midnight I hope that many of you will join us in taking action to having better health. My commitment is to get my lower back and abs in shape. This will require me to eliminate my love handles. I will do this by consistent exercise, balanced dieting, and a focus on my problem area. Lets do this together, because to me, it is motivating to know that there are others doing the same thing and working hard for what they want. I have heard by phone and email of those who will do the challenge, but I challenge everyone to put your commitment as a comment and take a picture for yourself so you can see results. You can share it, or just keep it for yourself as you have success.

No comments:

Post a Comment