Saturday, September 19, 2009

Catch up


Scott Schwab
In hearing from different friends and family; Saturday seems like one of those days when you catch up on all your to do's and listen to Michael Bolton. Just kidding, well maybe, anyway the point is this. Most of us don't take the time to go to the gym on Saturdays and that can be OK. I think Saturday is the best day to do something that you love. Even something that you need to do and sprinkle a little love on it works great. For example I love to be outside, but I do not love to do yard work. So what I do is get some music to pump me up and run with the lawn mower. This helps me to get some needed cardio and it is less painful with the music. With College football and so many other things that compete with our time on Saturdays, I would recommend anything that you can do to get the heart rate up. The reason why, is that most of us find ourselves either eating unhealthily on weekends and/or going out. Having date nights are great, unfortunately, many times we eat like it is our last meal. As a rule if you go out, eat half of what is on the plate. This will help with portion control and calorie intake. It will take a person until mid week to get back in the feel of things if they have a weekend full of unhealthy eating and sitting around. I am not saying you have to be as strict on weekends as during the week, but I am saying that you should pace yourself and be in a position to start fresh and strong on Monday. The more you can build on your weeks, the better your results will be week in and week out. So today go do something that gets that heart racing or at least get out and do something for your body. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment