Thursday, September 3, 2009

lovin the protein


Scott Schwab
I have noticed a couple of things lately with my many travels. In the month of August I spent time in 20 different states mostly driving. Unfortunately my workout schedule was very messed up and not to mention my supplement consumption didn't happen. I started taking energy drinks and even tried those 5 hour energy shots. Honestly I have never felt so off and on edge in my life. Obviously it worked to some degree based on me still being alive. I would like to point out a couple things though. If you as readers are consuming a lot of caffeine in a day, stop! Caffeine does have certain benefits but the consumption is out of control. Most people make the excuse that they have to have it, or based on sugar consumption, (that I do diet which is much better). The best drink for you is still the formula that we all learned in school, H20. If you cut out the pop or soda alone, I can promise you that you can shed about 15 pounds in a month. Drastic I know, but trust me on this. Now the question that everyone always asks about is energy. Replace that caffeine with a great time released protein. You can get the protein anywhere but make sure you are getting the highest level of protein to the lowest level of calories. Even Wal-Mart carries the protein, but what I have seen from what they carry, they give you the figure based on two scoops, which is not accurate. Make sure you are taking that protein at least once a day. You could take it twice, and use one as a meal replacement, and that would be fine as well. I always take mine in the morning with my shake. If any of you have any questions on an inexpensive, yet very flava flav meal, let me know. Being that we will be opening a smoothie shop with the supplements, I have a lot of recipes.In reference to what protein you should take it really depends on your goals. There are those with agents to help you lean, bulk, or even loose weight. My wife and I both take a brand by Dymatize called Elite, Vanilla flavor. You can mix it with water, milk, or again in smoothies. The simple fact is this. Our bodies need protein. Having timed release agents in our protein simply helps deliver it throughout the day as energy. This way you can pitch the caffeine and the excuse that you need it to get you through the day. I have been consistent now for the week and I again feel phenomenal. My workouts are more effective and I can go throughout the entire day with the energy I need. Let me and Drew know if you have any questions. Also Chandi has been taking protein for two years, so she can give you a female perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping up with the daily pointers and encouragement! I really emjoy it when Chandi shares a workout routine or suggestions on diet. They're always short, sweet and they work!

    ReplyDelete