Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hail to the 300 workout


Scott Schwab

Since the movie 300 came out, everyone has been in a craze to get the body of a spartan. Naturally some of us thought if we hit the gym hard and did our own type of a workout, we could obtain Spartan status. Unfortunately, the type of training and workouts that they did was intense to say the least. I also want to point out that this was there job and for 6 months they worked out in excess of 6 hours a day. If you had trainers, cooks, and nutritionists, you could do the same. However, we have to work with the time we have and the resources given to us. With that said, there have been very clever attempts to get this workout into the hands of the public. The workout is genius for muscle confusion, and getting the whole body working together for the purpose to get ripped. I attempted my first try with the workout on Wednesday. I am here to tell you that it kicked my butt. I will also admit that we were doing a lesser version, known as the 150 workout. Incredible! The short bursts and continuous cycle was nothing short of a solders regiment. I am not kidding when I say it is one of the most difficult workouts that I have done. I am feeling the effects today, being Thursday and it that good soreness that you know is really working your body. Also I noticed the burn that feels so good and provides the energy for the day. As I talked about before with getting proper sleep and setting a schedule; last night at about 10:30 I was ready to get some sleep and had no other choice but to surrender to the will of my pillow. It was hard to get up at 6:30 today, but I am starting my new habit. I am not saying that this is the schedule for you. What I am saying is make a schedule and when you do your workout; morning or night, make sure you work yourself to a light exhaustion. That way when it is time for sleeping, your body is ready to shut down and sleep. So with this post in mind, each of you can research the 300 workout and try it, or adjust it to fit you. There are many places that you can find what the workout is, but I went to Mens Health to read and learn more. Here is the link: http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=fitness&category=workout.plans&conitem=5e1790ecab7e1110VgnVCM20000012281eac____

1 comment:

  1. that link didn't work. I want abs like that! But I'd settle for yours, Scott. :P

    ReplyDelete