Monday, April 13, 2009


Avoiding Sweets

Austin Taylor
One thing that seems to be a pretty difficult task in our strife to lead healthy lives is avoiding the goodies. I was probably one of worst at doing this while in my high school years. After realizing that now I can’t just eat sweets like I used to without paying a price I had to come up with some way to help myself avoid them. Here is what I found: It’s really quite simple. It’s nothing new, but definitely helpful. The mind is a powerful thing. We can be in control. If you tell yourself “That piece of cake or candy has absolutely no nutritional value to it and will do me no good”, you will have a lot easier time of being able to accomplish this feat. I even remind myself that when I eat those types of things I usually end up on the couch with an upset stomach. It is important to say it to yourself allowed, believe it, and you will be on your way to a happier, healthier life style.

No comments:

Post a Comment