Saturday, April 11, 2009

At home ABS!!!


Chandi Schwab

Hey ladies! I know a lot of us are gearing up for summer. Which means that it is time to get rid of that extra cuish that winter bestowed upon us. I have an easy to do at home ab workout that I have been doing for years. I first learned it when I was on a dance team as a young girl.It has stuck with me though.Especially on those days that I am not able to make it to the gym. Try it out!You will see fast results!
1)Lay on your back in the normal crunch position (12 normal crunches with the small of your back flat against the floor)
2)Bring right leg straight up (12 more crunches, remember....slowly...breath in through your nose on the way up,out through your mouth on the way down)
3)Switch to left leg straight up(12 more crunches...don't bend your neck,keep it in line with the rest of your body)
4)Cross both legs straight up in the air(12 crunches)
5)Back to left leg straight up(12)
6)right leg straight up(12)
7)Normal crunch position(12)
8)Before relaxing your body... keep your neck and head up along with your legs balancing with the core of your body.(take three slow breaths in and out and then slowly relax your body back down)
9)Do a normal set of 50-100 obliques(normal crunches off to each side switching off sides each rep.)
10)Repeat step 8
11)Prop up neck and head with hands behind head...bring both legs straight up in the air and slowly lower them almost touching the ground and then bring them back straight up(10-20 reps)
12)Repeat step 8
I usually do the workout 3 times...you can do what times permits or adjust it to work for you.It works your upper,middle,sides,and lower abs.You will see your abs shape up fast!! I am anxious to get back into my ab routine after my baby girl arrives.It is so important to keep your core strong to help support the rest of your body. Try it today!!!

1 comment:

  1. Is that a picture of you and your husbands abs? I will try the workout, but how often should I do the workout in a week?

    ReplyDelete