Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chandis marathon


Scott Schwab:
I thought I would take a moment and thank all the people who helped out in the marathon today. I personally did not run, but events like that take a lot of organization and work. There were police to keep the roads clear of vehicles so the runners were uninhibited. There were people cheering on participants at check points. There were bathrooms, water, physicians, massage therapists, goodies, etc. I couldn't help but be grateful for all the resources that made this happen.
We also had some great friends that ran in the race and one particularly who was running for a greater cause. I hope that we can hear from each of the friends that ran today. We also had some great friends the Orgills that came up to support Chandi. Davey is an incredible videographer and his wife April is incredible with photography. Check out their work at www.pointedigital.com.Also thanks so much to Sadee Hansen for watching our kids over night.We know that is not an easy task.
I wanted to write a post about gratitude and especially for my wife. I have seen her battle injury, fatigue, and will power. She pursued when others quit. She worked so hard and I am so impressed with her desire. It was satisfying to see her become involved in something and truly loves what she is doing. I see her passion and desire and that is what I saw today. She qualified for the Boston Marathon and we look forward to seeing if we get into the raffle. I will let her tell her own story, but I did want to mention how pleased I am with her efforts and results

Passion & Desire
My hope in writing this post is to communicate the importance of having passion and desire. They have different meanings, but both are important to get you to a goal. I saw Chandi have a goal and be incisive about obtaining it. The goal of qualifying was so important to her. As I ask her what was her reasoning behind her hard work, she said she did it for herself. As with all health goals they need to be personal and need to have meaning. We will not get very far with our goals, when there is not a personal connection and passion and desire to be our gas and nitro for achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment